Globalization and new technologies have given rise to what is known as the digital transformation of companies. In this new context, the needs of companies change and workspaces must adapt to them. Flexi desk offices offer companies the adaptability and flexibility they need these days.
In this article, explain why the flexi desk office model or flexible office is perceived as a trend in google spades the startup ecosystem. Today, however, this proposal for flexible spaces fits perfectly with the necessary change required by the world of work, where the rise of digital transformation has driven professional nomadism.
- What is a flexi desk?
- The main advantages of a Flexi desk office
- How is a flexi desk office inside?
- Advantages of the Flexi desk office environment
- Characteristics and requirements of the flexi desk office model
- Why it is a trend: Flexibility and agility
- How can we help you obtain more information about flexi desk offices in Dubai?
1. What is a Flexi Desk?
Flexi desk offices are advanced work centers that have been designed to adapt as much as possible to the needs of companies. They are like “blank canvas” in which the client decides how many square meters he needs and how he wants to distribute them. You also enjoy all the necessary services to carry out your activity from the first day and you only pay for what you use without having to worry about anything else.
Thus, within a flex office, it is possible to find offices, meeting rooms, meadows for coworkers, rest areas, etc. In other words, all the services that a company may require are concentrated in the same building so that it has the freedom to resort to one or the other according to their needs
In addition, you do not have to worry about buying furniture, acquiring an internet plan, or looking for a cleaning service. The flexible spaces work with the Plug and Work system. That is, when you arrive everything is ready for you to start your activity and, in addition, you have professionals who make your day-to-day life easier by providing the services you need (reception, reprographics, messaging, organization of events).
Not only this: companies access prime locations within cities that they would not otherwise be able to apply for. Flexible spaces acquire a large volume of square meters within important buildings in cities and then give up their use.
This system not only provides great comfort and peace of mind for companies but also improves their image in the eyes of customers or collaborators. How? The location, the environment, and the attention received by visitors. all this adds up when transmitting a serious and professional image.
2. The Main Advantages of a Flexi Desk Office
- Flexibility in space. The necessary meters are contracted, being able to change them when necessary, and the office is distributed as desired.
- Price flexibility. It is possible to reduce costs at any time by changing the site but maintaining the same location.
- Flexibility in the contract. From the moment it is signed, you have access to the workplace and it is ready to host the activity.
- Flexibility of services. The user has at their disposal all the services they want, being able to request support for those that are not within their reach a priori (a company that develops their website or an administrator for occasional support). Also, if the Flexi desk office is part of a chain, it is possible to book meeting rooms or temporary workstations at any of its locations.
- The company keeps its culture alive because despite being in a shared environment, it will have the possibility of adapting the space to its needs. Which will allow it to maintain its corporate essence and identity.
- Collaboration and networking. Working closely with other professionals can also result in collaborations, synergies, and even new business opportunities. Similarly, the activities carried out within the Flexi desk office also promote networking among colleagues.
- Prime locations. Flex spaces are often located in business areas of cities, and typically in major office buildings. This allows any business, including small ones, to access locations they might not otherwise be able to.
3. How is a Flexi Desk Office Inside?
This new concept of a workspace is normally found within large buildings where services are offered to companies. We will tell you the keys to what a flexi desk office in Dubai is like from the inside:
- Co-working or shared office positions. In flexible spaces, there is also room for coworkers who are committed to working side by side with other professionals.
- For large teams, companies can reserve their office space to which they can add or remove positions as their needs change.
- Small teams looking for privacy find their ideal model in the offices.
- Meeting or event rooms. The rooms have everything you need to hold meetings, small events, or training. Audiovisual material, chairs, blackboards, and more.
- Rest areas. Both indoors and outdoors, having corners to take a break in is of great importance for the well-being and productivity of employees.
- Spaces usually have a reception desk that welcomes guests, giving a good image.
Flexi desk office or flexible office is a new design practice for professional spaces and, therefore, for the way of working.
With the flexible office, there is no longer an individual workstation. Each professional with their own equipment (computer, tablet, smartphone), occupies the workspace that best suits them, depending on the task they have to perform.
However, the flexible office concept goes beyond physical space. This also includes the consideration of practices such as telecommuting or working from the client’s premises. In other words, a company that is committed to this work model should consider the possibility of working from home, a cafeteria, a co-working space, etc.
4. Advantages of the Flexi Desk Office Environment
4.1 Financial savings
The occupancy rate for a dedicated office is 60%. And each square meter has a cost.
Today, between the time spent in meetings, travel, or telecommuting, offices remain empty a large part of the time. However, the cost of a job varies between 12,000 and 14,000 euros per year.
The flexible office allows you to optimize workspaces and reduce the size of the premises, which leads to substantial savings.
4.2 Collaborative work and agility
In flex office mode, collaborative work has its promotion. Physical barriers are broken, and the meeting between each team or service is facilitated.
These practices reinforce agility, innovation, and new work methodologies.
4.3 Quality of life at work
The flexible office can be a source of well-being at work for several reasons:
- It favors teleworking. The professional can achieve a better balance between private and work life, by reducing their travel time and, therefore, their stress levels.
- It proposes a more horizontal organization model. Since by principle, it challenges the operation of a vertical hierarchical structure. This in turn promotes creativity and versatility.
- Diversify the routine. Following the same routine day after day is a source of fatigue and monotony, especially for the new generations. In a flexi desk office, the routine at work is broken and the dynamics are diversified.
- It offers greater comfort. The organization of flexible offices contemplates: equipping the office with technologically advanced facilities and tools and proposing modern premises, well designed and easy to use.
5. Characteristics and Requirements of the Flexi Desk Office Model
5.1 Space preparation
To begin with, it is essential to prepare well in advance for the arrival of the flexible office model at the company. This involves considering all possible scenarios, such as future hires.
In this way, you avoid unwanted situations such as job shortages that force people to negotiate upfront or share the workspace.
5.2 Staff awareness
Changing to a flexible office also consists of doing a whole job of pedagogy and communication with the teams, since changes often generate resistance.
Therefore, it is necessary to spend time socializing the model and its advantages, as well as listening to their opinions and turning them into possible improvements.
Finally, we must bear in mind that setting an example facilitates acceptance of the change.
5.3 Clever Space Planning
Having a workspace perfectly adapted to the flexible office is clearly one of the fundamental requirements. You have to think about the location of the workspaces, according to the specific need of each position.
Some good practices:
- Have enough meeting rooms (with a system to reserve them) or spaces that allow isolation, in case you have to answer phone calls.
- Provide storage spaces so that people can store their personal belongings at the end of the day.
- Equip the office with comfortable furniture and pleasant and inspiring decorations. The goal is to avoid the trap of impersonal space: the flexible office must not destroy the corporate culture.
5.4 Optimal computer installation
Each professional should have their laptop or even a professional mobile phone, fully functional and adapted to their needs.
In addition, the company must have an optimal Wi-Fi connection, so that the person has access to the internet, regardless of their location within the office.
5.5 Implementation of the right software
Flex office implies using software solutions adapted to an organization of this type. Among the different types of tools that exist are:
- Instant messaging software: is essential for mobile teams that need to exchange information all the time.
- Video conferencing software: to hold meetings whenever you need it, even if people are not physically present.
- Project management and task management software: This reinforces the coordination and organization of teams working on the same project.
- Collaborative platforms: exist specifically to facilitate teamwork, even in a flexible office or temote.
Now you have the key to better understanding the concept of flex office and, why not, implement it in your company?
6. Why it is a Trend: Flexibility and Agility
A flex office, as its name indicates, provides more flexibility to companies. Startups are the ones that request this type of solution the most since they are the ones that tend to grow the fastest. Maybe today there are 30 people and next month 150. They need a lot of flexibility and the flex office offers it.
A flex office can be implemented from scratch when creating a new company. Or as part of a subsequent adaptation, so common in startups:
- If a team grows, it will be easier to put new hires to work immediately without having to move the furniture.
- If two teams that previously worked separately merge, the restructuring period is shortened or non-existent.
- It allows for reorganizing the work environment of a single department, normally, that of the technological profiles.
Devices also play a crucial role. Desktop computers, very common in traditional offices, are being replaced by laptops or tablets. On the desks, monitors are placed to connect them to work more comfortably, so that each employee has their device, designed to be used with mobility.
The same happens with the work systems used by the company: they are not only accessible through a local network but must be able to be used remotely. This facilitates telecommuting and even allows full-time remote work for some of your workers.
7. How Can We Help You Obtain More Information About Flexi Desk Offices in Dubai?
This model, as well as the new trend of liquid offices, has been spreading throughout the world and is increasingly present in the cities of the country.
At Connect Business Centers, you can find co-working spaces in Dubai that will allow you to choose the option that best suits your needs at the moment. Choose between corporate offices, co-working positions, and meeting rooms and enjoy the collaborative atmosphere of our community.
In addition, you can work with all the comforts in our co-working spaces in the city of Dubai, located in places with excellent communications and fully prepared to welcome companies that want to grow and evolve freely.