Every lease in Dubai must be registered with Ejari, a government website introduced by RERA. To protect the interests of tenants and landlords, the system aims to keep track of all rental agreements that take place in the city. The system aids both parties in avoiding future property-relating misunderstandings. Also, people can do their Ejari cancellation after letting go of the rental agreement of an executive office or any other type of property.
In this article, we will be talking about the process of Ejari cancellation. Without Ejari, contracts for rental in Dubai are insufficient. Upholding the rights of both sides to the rental agreement is the aim of this service. Ejari typically lasts one year and is renewed annually. Tenants do have the opportunity to break their lease, sometimes much sooner than the end of the term. You can get all the details you need about the Ejari cancellation procedure in Dubai right here.
Explanation of the Ejari Cancellation Process
When the tenant intends to vacate the location before the duration of the lease is over, Ejari cancellation is necessary. In other words, you terminate it if you vacate the property early or if the landlord and renters decide not to extend the lease at the conclusion of the current term.
Each property can only afford to have one Ejari registration, according to RERA laws. Thus, if the old property’s Ejari is not revoked, the tenant will be unable to file with Ejari again. Then, owners would be unable to lease their property to a different party.
If you are wondering who is responsible for Ejari cancellation, the landlord must do so right away as the tenant vacates the premises.
There are two ways how cancelling the Ejari:
- Rental contract early termination.
- If at the conclusion of the lease the parties decide not to renew the agreement, it will be canceled.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Cancel Your Ejari
If you are wondering how to cancel Ejari, here is how you must do it:
- Filling out the paperwork available in the cancellation area of the Ejari website is the initial step in the cancellation procedure. You must also provide the necessary evidence and supply your details in accordance with RERA.
- The applicant must enter all necessary information, such as their name, email address, and phone number, and upload all necessary files, including an Emirates ID and a confidentiality statement.
- Also, it is important to submit the tenant’s passport and business license, among other documents.
- If the renter is a business, the person in question must go to an Ejari office.
- You require the Ejari certificate for your online Ejari cancellation. The tenancy agreement may be submitted in its place if a duplicate of the certificate is not available.
- You can expect an Ejari Cancellation ID through email after completing the form and submitting the request for cancellation of Ejari. This cancellation ID also serves as a reference ID for any inquiries at any Ejari office.
- Following the sending of an Ejari Cancellation ID through email, RERA notifies the applicant of the definitive Ejari cancellation via email and SMS.
- The overall Ejari cancellation fee is AED 220, which includes the government price, the innovation fee, and the typing fee.
- Likewise, the applicants receive a complete cash refund if they do not receive the Ejari termination ID within seven days.
List of Documents Needed for Ejari Cancellation
Here are the necessary Ejari cancellation documents:
- Emirates ID of landlord and tenant.
- Ejari certificate.
- Tenant’s passport.
- Ejari cancellation NOC which must include:
- Landlord’s name.
- Property details.
- DEWA premise number.
- Tenant’s details.
- Statement of vacancy.
- Ejari cancellation request.
- Landlord’s signature.
- Company seal. (If necessary).
- Final DEWA bill: The final DEWA bill that was sent to the renter must be submitted in order to cancel the Ejari contract, and the balance has to be visible to indicate that all outstanding costs have been paid. One of the crucial procedures in canceling Ejari is submitting the final DEWA bill because the request to cancel will be rejected if the DEWA bills are not fully paid. You may deliver a printout of the DEWA bill. (If this is the scenario, make sure the document has been stamped on the front with both the “Final Bill” stamp and the “Paid” mark. The “Green Bill” soft copy legislation is available for download on the DEWA website. By presenting a current resident’s DEWA bill or any other paperwork made available by DEWA that requests the opening of a new DEWA account after the contract termination date, you can cancel Ejari even if you don’t have the final DEWA bill.
In addition to these documents, other requirements include:
- Title deeds: When a property sells while a tenant is occupying it, this document is necessary since the buyer receives the lease as evidence of the change in ownership.
- Passport and Emirates ID: The new owner’s Emirates ID must be in place. Tenants who do not reside in the UAE must have a current passport.
- Power of attorney: If the agreement gets cleareance or a signature by anybody other than the Landlord, the power of attorney must be in place. The POA gives the owner’s representative permission to sign the lease in the owner’s place.
- Representative documents: A passport, Emirates ID, or residency visa must be in place by the representative.
Detailed Breakdown of the Cancellation Fees and Associated Costs
The cancellation cost for Ejari is AED 220, including VAT. This price includes all applicable taxes, typing fees, and innovation fee. Cancellations on Ejari normally process in 24 or 28 hours. Nevertheless, if the property is having problems, such as dispute resolutions, RERA has the right to refuse the Ejari cancellation application and instruct the candidate to first visit one of the offline Ejari centers to resolve the issue.
Depending on the approach you use, Ejari has different cancellation fees. It costs nothing to apply via the app. However, Real Estate Services Trustees Centers would charge you AED 40 (excluding VAT) to cancel it.
Any Other Important Details, Tips or Considerations
Ejari is a component that must be a part of the rental contract in Dubai. Subsequently, to govern their rental contracts online, all landlords and tenants need register their contracts of rental using Ejari. The rights belonging to the tenant and the renter are significantly protected by and upheld by Ejari.
When a renter decides to vacate the property, Ejari termination is a mandatory procedure. Every property must have just one Ejari contract, and if the Ejari contract for the previous property is not over, the renter cannot register with Ejari again. This is in accordance with RERA norms and regulations.}
Here are some other important details regarding Ejari cancellation:
How to Check Ejari Cancellation Status
You can check your Ejari status via the Dubai Land Department website. Thus, all you need to have is your Ejari contract number and DEWA premise number.
Where to Find Ejari Number
Individuals can find their Ejari number in their official Ejari contract.
How to cancel Ejari online
If you are wondering can I cancel Ejari online, the answer is yes.
You can do your Ejari cancellation online via the Dubai Land Department platform:
- Firstly, go to DLD’s site.
- Select “services.”
- Click “tenant.”
- Hit “real estate rental services.”
- Go to “request for Ejari contract cancellation.”
- Select “access this service.”
- Login the site as a business, owner, or tenant. Subsequently, you must:
- Enter username and password, if you own a business.
- Enter mobile number/Emirates ID/ email address/title deed, if you are an owner or tenant.
Also, you can:
- Enter through the UAE Pass.
- Login with your Emirates ID, mobile number, or email address.
- Complete the process.
Likewise, you can use the Dubai Rest App to do your Ejari cancellation online:
- Login to the app.
- Enter the details.
- Attach the documents.
- Submit the application.
- Wait for review.
- Lastly, receive approval email.
Ejari cancellation is a mandatory process. it must happen if you want to list your property for rent again after a tenant leaves. Therefore, you may quickly download the cancellation form from the Ejari website and complete it with all the relevant information. Including your email address, phone number, and Emirates ID among other crucial facts. You are going to get an Ejari Cancellation ID via email once you finish filling out the cancellation form completely and submitting the necessary paperwork.
For further investigations at the Ejari centers, this ID is essential. Your Ejari enrollment finishes, according to a notice you get through email or SMS after RERA verifies the final Ejari cancellation.
Depending on the service channel you choose, the cancellation time will vary. It takes four working hours to cancel an Ejari through a Real Estate Services Trustee Center. Also, through the app, owners can promptly deactivate Ejari.